a blog dedicated as a dump place for my crazy thoughts, inner feelings, babbling and nonsense. In other word, my secret garden.. :)

A place where I can live, breathe, talk and see

Me & My Pinhole Glasses

Saturday, June 13, 2009 by kivaa

Last weekend I bought this pinhole glasses.


I accidentally bumped into this glasses 2 weeks ago, when I was waiting for a friend, and I decided to waste my time at Daiso, looking at all the cool and quirky Japanese's answer to all of our life's needs.

And then I saw the glasses. Attracted by the ridiculous solid black plastic with evenly-spaced tiny holes replacing the lens, I start trying it on and read the back package. It says that the glasses can be used for an eye therapy to reduce far-sightedness, near-sightedness, astigmatism, and the likes of it. :P Having already promised myself to live lightly, and not to waste money on things that I'd only neglects after 1-2 times of using; I decided not to buy it that instant, but to research some more about this peculiar pinhole glasses, and make sure that it really worked.

Turns out that it is true! This glasses is a very cheap and non-evasive way to improve your eye sight. You don't even need a prescription to get one of there (I bought it at Daiso, remember? :P :D)

At the first time I wear it, the subtitle words on tv which usually looked blurred from afar, suddenly became clearer and sharper. :) But when I use it to read a much smaller text on computer screen, I can feel my eyes is working hard to focus, to get the clearest image for me. It gives sort of a giddy feeling on my eyes. Not the sort of feeling that I like, but I guess I have to take it since it's an important exercise to keep my lazy eyes well trained to focus. :P

But keep in mind that this pinhole glasses tends to block your peripheral vision so only use it when in stable environments. Do not use it while driving.


Me and my pinhole glasses(above).

So I guess I will try to religiously wearing this glasses for at least an hour a day, or whenever I watch tv or working on computer (at home), and I will post about the result within 1 or 2 months. :)

More links to enlightened you about this fabulous invention :
- Wikipedia
- Myopia.org

Filed under , , , having

6 things others'd say:

RaBbIt said...

Hi, would like to know if the environment looks dark when wearing pinhole glasses?

Unknown said...

Hey...i think pinhole glasses are awesome but the only problem is I don't know where else to buy this... because it's out of stock.Where did you buy yours? Im hoping to find one

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

you can find it at daiso japan

Unknown said...

you can find it at daiso japan

James Oh said...

Hi, I was researching about this, and I'm really very curious how is the result? any better? now that it's 2017,eight years from this good post :D

'http://infintyskins.blogspot.com/'>